LAVACA COUNTY, TEXAS
ALSO KNOWN AS THE OLD OLDHAM CEMETERY
The Missionary Baptist Church Cemetery is located about six miles southwest of Hallettsville in a two-acre tract in the southwest corner of the James Kerr League. There is no fence around the perimeter of the cemetery, although several graves are enclosed by iron fences. The first known burial was that of Abel Howington on May 6, 1864 and the last known burial took place in 1879. There is evidence of unmarked graves. Access is available only through private property.
Photograph contibuted by Brenda Fisseler
Name Birth Death Notes Bennett, Sallie L. 31 Mar 1864 30 Aug 1865 Enclosed in iron fence Hollaway daughter 1 Dec 1862 20 Sep 1869 Daughter of S & Z Hollaway; headstone on ground Howington, Abel 16 May 1803 6 May 1864 Enclosed in an iron fence with Elizabeth Howington Howington, Elizabeth 27 Apr 1812 6 May 1879 L., J. C. Middlebrook, Mariah 1815 1874 Headstone on ground S., G. O. Footstone